Listen Up - Daily Poem
The Daily Poem offers one essential poem each weekday morning. From Shakespeare and John Donne to Robert Frost and E..E Cummings, The Daily Poem curates a broad and generous audio anthology of the best poetry ever written, read aloud by David Kern. Some light commentary is included and the poems are read twice. I really enjoy this podcast which says something since I often struggle with liking poetry. David Kern's commentary has gotten more in-depth as the show has gone on, but without making the episodes longer which I appreciate. Each episode is between 4 and 10 minutes.
Listen to episodes here or subscribe .
The last Posts from "Happy Catholic"
- Graveyards, Babies, and The Jungle Book
- The Mass gave full expression to the truths and mysteries of Christianity
- A Cloudy Day, Bluebonnets
- Coffee and potatoes
- Great First Line: Equal Rites
- Assyrian Horses
- The action of God in history and time
- Band Baaja Baaraat
- Solemnity of St. Joseph
- "Freedom in the service of the good," freedom that allowed "itself to be led by the Spirit of God."
- March Snow
- Hannah & Rose discuss medieval hair, non-medieval poetry
- Worth a Thousand Words: Fritillaries in a Copper Vase
- The most remarkable record a people ever left
- Its beauty was the work of human hands yet transcendent in effect
- Reviewing Secretariat: "He holds not back at the sound of the trumpet."
- Lent: Who Do You Say I Am?
- Julie and Scott were kidnapped and are now on a spaceship headed for Mars
The headlines of Artwork Mag
the only astronaut we can invite home !!
The Last Trip
we will all take this trip one day -
Estasi di Santa Teresa
Gian Lorenzo Bernini
Casa S / Christoffersen & Weiling Architects
© Tina Stephansen Architects: Christoffersen & Weiling Architects Location: Ry, Denmark Category: Houses Lead Architects: Erik Weiling Nielsen Area: 398.0 m2 Project Year...
Pickled cucumbers in a bowl still life oil painting food daily painting a...
Garden Restroom / LAAB Architects
Courtesy of LAAB Architects Architects: LAAB Architects Location: Salisbury Garden, Hong Kong Category: Public Architecture Area: 100.0 m2 Project Year: 2017 Photographs...
OSH House / OTP arquitetura
© Guilherme Pucci Architects: OTP arquitetura Location: Araçoiaba da Serra, Brazil Category: Houses Arquitetos Responsáveis: Arthur Oishi, Pedro Prado, Raphael Takano Area...
Manuel Orazi, The Black Cat
Date: Unknown Technique: Charcoal, ink wash and white gouache on paper, 62.5 x 32 cm Source
Zirahuén House / Daniela Bucio Sistos Taller de Arquitectura y Diseño
© Mariano Rentería Garnica Architects: Daniela Bucio Sistos Taller de Arquitectura y Diseño Location: Zirahuén, Mexico Category: Houses Lead Architects: Daniela Bucio...
Jesus in The Garden of Gethsemane
1470 Andrea Mantegna The Agony in the Garden. More stonework than garden in this painting. The garden at Gethsemane, a place whose name literally means oil press, is located on...
Private Painting Intensive Week - Wrap-Up
The Last Snow - 9x12 Oil - Available As many of you reading this blog know, last year I started to teach private, one-on-one plein air painting intensives at my studio in New...
Floral drawing- altered purse
By now you've got to know that I love to draw or paint on just about anything and my favorite surfaces are often accessories! Specifically purses. I love to purchase cheap...