Rafael Sabatini - Entertaining, Intelligent Swashbuckling
I discovered Rafael Sabatini through audio of his two most popular books, Scaramouche and Captain Blood. I didn't realize for some time that these were just a small sampling of Sabatini's work.
He wrote 31 novels, not to mention numerous short stories and other works. As if that weren't impressive enough, he spoke seven languages and then learned English specifically for writing because, he said, "all the best stories are written in English." He had to write for 25 years before achieving fame with Scaramouche (After which the publishers said, "Wait, look at all these other great books he's written!" and rushed them into print.) Sabatini just kept on writing even more great books.
I love knowing that there are so many of his books out there to read. They are all adventure and romance novels with clever dialogue and elaborate plots. Heroes, swordfights, and chivalry abound though often with characters that go against our expectations, which just adds to the enjoyment. Almost all of them have historical...
The last Posts from "Happy Catholic"
- This Just In - Villains of the Church: And How They Made Us Better Christians by Mike Aquilina
- An Advent Reflection on the Child Who Made His Mother
- Christmas Jokes for the Weekend
- 1907 Christmas Card
- Well Done Basics: Tweeting With God by Michel Remery
- Advent Thought
- Hang up if you hear “Hello. This is St. Mary's Prayer Center Ministry calling today to see if you need urgent prayer
- Lady Jim of Curzon Street by Fergus Hume
- Harvest Festival "Grass"
- The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Psychologically, Julie and Scott are very confused. but personally, they don't feel bad at all
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan - a good starting place for trying Bollywood movies
- Om Shanti Om
- Autumn Maples with Poem Slips
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception - Holy Day of Obligation
- Advent Meditation: Prayer While Shopping During Advent
- Hannah & Rose discuss pagan demons, chimney food
- Immaculate Conception Novena - Day 8
The headlines of Artwork Mag
the only astronaut we can invite home !!
The Last Trip
we will all take this trip one day -
Estasi di Santa Teresa
Gian Lorenzo Bernini
Large Wall Art Abstract Painting,Contemporary Art “Go With The Flow” by...
48"x72"x1.5" Acrylic on Canvas/Available
BOGO - Mixed Media Abstract Painting, Contemporary Art
This acrylic on paper and panel packs a lot into the petite size. The neutral rust colors provide a nice contrast to the rich blues and the hint of vibrant citron captures your...
Contemporary Abstract Landscape Painting "Road To Somewhere" by Contemporary...
An imaginary landscape in red with the light of the Creator on the left, and a large spiral on the lower right. The road goes to somewhere-perhaps a place to dream. 16"x20...
Øvre Vollgate 9 / Pushak
© Ivan Brodey Architects: Pushak Location: Dronningens gate 4, 0152 Oslo, Norway Area: 3000.0 m2 Project Year: 2018 Photographs: Ivan Brodey © Ivan Brodey Text description...
MARTIAN MANHUNTER 2
Headquarters and Logistic Centre of the Plural Pharmacy Cooperative / ORANGE...
© do mal o menos Architects: ORANGE arquitectura Location: Coímbra, Portugal Architect In Charge: Alexandre Saraiva Dias, Maria Amália Freitas Area: 11288.0 m2 Project Year...
WINTER LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN
4.5" x 7.5" oils on multimedia paper. Email me if you're interested: Tom Brown tombrownstudio gmail.com
Contemporary Mixed Media Landscape Art Painting,“RECALLING SPRING” by...
11"x11" Mixed Media on Paper/Available $150
Abstract Art, Contemporary Fine Art Painting,Expressionism
FRESH OFF THE EASEL... 12"x12"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas/Available Also available framed