PERSONAL BRANDING in 18C - GARDEN Conversation Pieces
Johann Zoffany (1733-1810) George Fitzgerald with His Sons George and Charles 1764. George Fitzgerald is seated wearing a blue coat & gold-edged red waistcoat, his 2 sons wearing brown coats & breeches, one flying a kite, a sculpture of the infant Hercules & the Serpent on a plinth to the left, a landscape beyond. There is a mention of kite flying in Greek literature in 14C BC. In 1295, European explorer Marco Polo documented the construction of kites & how to fly them. By the 16C, the popularity of kites grew enormously as literature publicized kites as children's toys. As the 18C approached kites entered the field of science, as kites were used as vehicles for scientific research. Just years before this painting, in 1752, Benjamin Franklin & his son William conducted an experiment using a kite flown in stormy weather to prove that lightning was indeed electricity.
According to the Tate, Zoffany was known primarily as a painter of portraits, conversation pieces & theatrical subjects. Zoffany was born...
The last Posts from "It's About Time"
- Robert Herrick 1591-1674 The Christmas Wassail Bowl
- Christmas Wassailing as Social Protest in England & her North American Colonies
- England's Christmas Pudding
- The Pricey Christmas Turkey in 16C-18C England
- The English Puritan assault on Christmas during the 1640s and 1650s
- Georgian English Christmas 1714-1820
- Advent in Britain Today - Candles
- Advent Traditions - Children in Normandy set fields on fire
- Puritans - The Puritan War on Christmas 1642-60 from History Today
- Advent Traditions - Italy
- Christmas Food & Drink - Medieval Christmas
- Christmas Food & Drink- A Tudor Christmas
- Christmas Food & Drink- Englishman Thomas Tusser (1520-1580) on Elizabethan Christmas Food
- Christmas Greenery - A brief history with images
- The Winter Solstice - The Yule Log
- Advent Traditions - England Medieval "Dolls" or perhaps puppets as Baby Jesus & Mary
- 19C US - Christmas Trees & Cards
- November & December, 1765 - America Unites Against The Stamp Act - Taxation without Representation
- The Poinsettia's Proud Philadelphia Roots
- Christmas Carols
The headlines of Artwork Mag
the only astronaut we can invite home !!
The Last Trip
we will all take this trip one day -
Estasi di Santa Teresa
Gian Lorenzo Bernini
Large Wall Art Abstract Painting,Contemporary Art “Go With The Flow” by...
48"x72"x1.5" Acrylic on Canvas/Available
BOGO - Mixed Media Abstract Painting, Contemporary Art
This acrylic on paper and panel packs a lot into the petite size. The neutral rust colors provide a nice contrast to the rich blues and the hint of vibrant citron captures your...
Contemporary Abstract Landscape Painting "Road To Somewhere" by Contemporary...
An imaginary landscape in red with the light of the Creator on the left, and a large spiral on the lower right. The road goes to somewhere-perhaps a place to dream. 16"x20...
Øvre Vollgate 9 / Pushak
© Ivan Brodey Architects: Pushak Location: Dronningens gate 4, 0152 Oslo, Norway Area: 3000.0 m2 Project Year: 2018 Photographs: Ivan Brodey © Ivan Brodey Text description...
MARTIAN MANHUNTER 2
Headquarters and Logistic Centre of the Plural Pharmacy Cooperative / ORANGE...
© do mal o menos Architects: ORANGE arquitectura Location: Coímbra, Portugal Architect In Charge: Alexandre Saraiva Dias, Maria Amália Freitas Area: 11288.0 m2 Project Year...
WINTER LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN
4.5" x 7.5" oils on multimedia paper. Email me if you're interested: Tom Brown tombrownstudio gmail.com
Contemporary Mixed Media Landscape Art Painting,“RECALLING SPRING” by...
11"x11" Mixed Media on Paper/Available $150
Abstract Art, Contemporary Fine Art Painting,Expressionism
FRESH OFF THE EASEL... 12"x12"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas/Available Also available framed