PERSONAL BRANDING in 18C - GARDEN Conversation Pieces
Johann Zoffany (1733-1810) The Daniel Mathew Family at Felix Hall, Kelvedon, Essex. Daniel Mathew was the son of William Mathew (Lt-Governor of St Kitts & Lt-General of Leewards who died 1752 at St John's Antigua). Married secondly Mary, daughter of George Byam & widow of Joseph Lyons of Antigua. The will of Daniel Mathew of St Marylebone proved 17/06/1777. Under the will he disposed of his Caribbean property in St Kitts, Tobago & Antigua, including 2 estates (one illegible but given by Oliver as Penitenny the other called Cupid's Garden) of which he was only tenant-for-life: the St Kitts estates & the real estate in England went to Daniel Byam Mathew, the estates in Tobago & Antigua to his younger son George Mathew (in a codicil of 1776, he revoked this latter legacy & directed they be sold, with George receiving in lieu £10,000 & the purchase money of a lieutenancy in the Guards.) In 1784, Felix Hall & other Essex estates of Daniel Mathew together yielding upwards of £1500 p.a. were put up for sale by...Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "It's About Time"
- Robert Herrick 1591-1674 The Christmas Wassail Bowl
- Christmas Wassailing as Social Protest in England & her North American Colonies
- England's Christmas Pudding
- The Pricey Christmas Turkey in 16C-18C England
- The English Puritan assault on Christmas during the 1640s and 1650s
- Georgian English Christmas 1714-1820
- Advent in Britain Today - Candles
- Advent Traditions - Children in Normandy set fields on fire
- Puritans - The Puritan War on Christmas 1642-60 from History Today
- Advent Traditions - Italy
- Christmas Food & Drink - Medieval Christmas
- Christmas Food & Drink- A Tudor Christmas
- Christmas Food & Drink- Englishman Thomas Tusser (1520-1580) on Elizabethan Christmas Food
- Christmas Greenery - A brief history with images
- The Winter Solstice - The Yule Log
- Advent Traditions - England Medieval "Dolls" or perhaps puppets as Baby Jesus & Mary
- 19C US - Christmas Trees & Cards
- November & December, 1765 - America Unites Against The Stamp Act - Taxation without Representation
- The Poinsettia's Proud Philadelphia Roots
- Christmas Carols
The headlines of Artwork Mag
the only astronaut we can invite home !!
The Last Trip
we will all take this trip one day -
Estasi di Santa Teresa
Gian Lorenzo Bernini
Large Wall Art Abstract Painting,Contemporary Art “Go With The Flow” by...
48"x72"x1.5" Acrylic on Canvas/Available
BOGO - Mixed Media Abstract Painting, Contemporary Art
This acrylic on paper and panel packs a lot into the petite size. The neutral rust colors provide a nice contrast to the rich blues and the hint of vibrant citron captures your...
MARTIAN MANHUNTER 2
Flat in Black / HEIMA architects
© Darius Petrulaitis Architects: HEIMA architects Location: Vilnius, Lithuania Lead Architects: Kristijonas Skirmantas Area: 80.0 m2 Project Year: 2018 Photographs: Darius...
WINTER LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN
4.5" x 7.5" oils on multimedia paper. Email me if you're interested: Tom Brown tombrownstudio gmail.com
Contemporary Mixed Media Landscape Art Painting,“RECALLING SPRING” by...
11"x11" Mixed Media on Paper/Available $150
Abstract Art, Contemporary Fine Art Painting,Expressionism
FRESH OFF THE EASEL... 12"x12"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas/Available Also available framed
1A Earl's Court Square / Sophie Hicks Architects
© Annabel Elston Architects: Sophie Hicks Architects Location: Londin, United Kingdom Lead Architects: Sophie Hicks, Tom Hopes Area: 150.0 m2 Project Year: 2018 Photographs...
Minneapolis to Become First Major U.S. City to End Single-Family Zoning
Minneapolis. Image Courtesy of Creative Commons Minneapolis will become the first major U.S. city to end single-family home zoning. City Council passed Minneapolis 2040 , a...