PERSONAL BRANDING in 18C - GARDEN Conversation Pieces
Johann Zoffany (1733-1810) Three Daughters of John, 3rd Earl of Bute The Tate tells us that John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute commissioned this portrait of 3 of his daughters as a pair with one of 3 of his sons. The 3rd Earl was a great patron of the arts & formed an important collection, including paintings, prints & books. He was a close adviser & later favorite Prime Minister to the young King George III, although he resigned from that position in 1763, at around the time the Bute portraits were painted. Nevertheless he remained one of the most powerful aristocrats in Britain. It was probably Lord Bute who, following this commission, introduced Zoffany to the King & Queen, initiating a highly successful period of Royal patronage for the artist. In this animated portrait three of the daughters of the Earl are playing with pet squirrels. On the left is the youngest child, Lady Louisa Stuart (1757-1851), holding up a hazelnut to lure back one of the squirrels, which has become free of its tether. She wears a...Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "It's About Time"
- Robert Herrick 1591-1674 The Christmas Wassail Bowl
- Christmas Wassailing as Social Protest in England & her North American Colonies
- England's Christmas Pudding
- The Pricey Christmas Turkey in 16C-18C England
- The English Puritan assault on Christmas during the 1640s and 1650s
- Georgian English Christmas 1714-1820
- Advent in Britain Today - Candles
- Advent Traditions - Children in Normandy set fields on fire
- Puritans - The Puritan War on Christmas 1642-60 from History Today
- Advent Traditions - Italy
- Christmas Food & Drink - Medieval Christmas
- Christmas Food & Drink- A Tudor Christmas
- Christmas Food & Drink- Englishman Thomas Tusser (1520-1580) on Elizabethan Christmas Food
- Christmas Greenery - A brief history with images
- The Winter Solstice - The Yule Log
- Advent Traditions - England Medieval "Dolls" or perhaps puppets as Baby Jesus & Mary
- 19C US - Christmas Trees & Cards
- November & December, 1765 - America Unites Against The Stamp Act - Taxation without Representation
- The Poinsettia's Proud Philadelphia Roots
- Christmas Carols
The headlines of Artwork Mag
the only astronaut we can invite home !!
The Last Trip
we will all take this trip one day -
Estasi di Santa Teresa
Gian Lorenzo Bernini
Large Wall Art Abstract Painting,Contemporary Art “Go With The Flow” by...
48"x72"x1.5" Acrylic on Canvas/Available
BOGO - Mixed Media Abstract Painting, Contemporary Art
This acrylic on paper and panel packs a lot into the petite size. The neutral rust colors provide a nice contrast to the rich blues and the hint of vibrant citron captures your...
MARTIAN MANHUNTER 2
Flat in Black / HEIMA architects
© Darius Petrulaitis Architects: HEIMA architects Location: Vilnius, Lithuania Lead Architects: Kristijonas Skirmantas Area: 80.0 m2 Project Year: 2018 Photographs: Darius...
WINTER LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN
4.5" x 7.5" oils on multimedia paper. Email me if you're interested: Tom Brown tombrownstudio gmail.com
Contemporary Mixed Media Landscape Art Painting,“RECALLING SPRING” by...
11"x11" Mixed Media on Paper/Available $150
Abstract Art, Contemporary Fine Art Painting,Expressionism
FRESH OFF THE EASEL... 12"x12"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas/Available Also available framed
1A Earl's Court Square / Sophie Hicks Architects
© Annabel Elston Architects: Sophie Hicks Architects Location: Londin, United Kingdom Lead Architects: Sophie Hicks, Tom Hopes Area: 150.0 m2 Project Year: 2018 Photographs...
Minneapolis to Become First Major U.S. City to End Single-Family Zoning
Minneapolis. Image Courtesy of Creative Commons Minneapolis will become the first major U.S. city to end single-family home zoning. City Council passed Minneapolis 2040 , a...